The care and use of suction cups is very simple.
- Make sure the suction cup is clean and free from debris.
- If the suction cup needs to be cleaned, wash in warm soapy water then dry gently with a lint-free cloth.
- Clean the surface you are applying the suction cup to. It won’t adhere well to a dirty surface.
- To enhance suction, a tiny dab of Vaseline or cooking oil may be rubbed on the rim of the cup.
- Press the cup all the way down, against the surface.
- The suction cup may need to be “burped” periodically by pressing down on it to remove any air that may have seeped in.
- Temperature and humidity variations may make a suction cup lose its grip. If bonded above 40⁰ F/5⁰ C the cup will provide the most reliable service from -22⁰ to 120⁰ F.
- To remove the cup, simply pull up on the release tab to break the suction.